- In 2018 we will be concluding the Landscapes of Survival project by wrapping up the PhD research projects (defences and publications are planned for the 2018/2019 academic year) and publishing the LoS conference proceedings. We’ll keep you posted!
- On Friday 1 September 2017 Peter Akkermans & Nathalie Brusgaard each gave a paper at the 23rd annual meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Maastricht (The Netherlands). They contributed to sessions on marginality (Akkermans) and rock art (Brusgaard).
- On Saturday 5th August 2017 Chiara Della Puppa presented her research on ‘Safaitic square script’ at the 2017 Seminar for Arabian Studies in London.
- The most recent fieldwork activities in the Jebel Qurma region took place from early April to mid-June 2017! Follow the Jebel Qurma team on Facebook.
- A two-day international conference on The Archaeology and Epigraphy of Jordan’s North-Eastern Desert Desert, was held at Leiden University on 17-18 March 2017.
- In August the Landscapes of Survival team will be hosting a session on the archaeology and rock art of nomadic landscapes at the International Landscape Archaeology Conference in Uppsala, Sweden (23-25 August 2016). Call for papers is now open!
- New fieldwork in the Jebel Qurma region will be carried from mid-April to mid-June 2016! Follow the Jebel Qurma team on Facebook.
- While in Jordan, Peter Akkermans & Harmen Huigens will be presenting at their research at the International Conference on the History and Archaeology of Jordan, from 22 to 26 May in Amman.
- 14-16 December 2015: Nathalie Brusgaard and Harmen Huigens will be presenting their research at the TAG (Theoretical Archaeology Group) Conference, Bradford (UK)
- 26 November 2015: Harmen Huigens will be presenting his research at the Leiden University allumni chapter meeting in Amsterdam